Friday, April 13, 2012

Not Friday the 13th?

Yesterday was not Friday the 13th, but I had my bad day a day early. :o( Not that I am superstitious, it just worked out that way.
It started out with me needing to go to Walmart to get some milk, so I loaded up Tariyah and Aamerik and off we went.  We were on Davenport Blvd and stopped because a bus was letting a child off.  We started to go again and I decided to look at the family that had come to meet their child.  I looked back to the front, where I should've been looking the whole time, and I was too late.  Everyone was already stopping again for another bus drop off. We were about 6-7 cars behind the bus, they stopped so suddenly that I tried to swerve to miss the truck in front of me.  No such luck, I think I would've had less damage if  I hit him straight on as he had a tow hitch.

I drove back home after the police report and $164 ticket for reckless driving, I wouldn't say it was necessarily reckless but I suppose...my tire was rubbing on something the whole way.  I knew I wouldn't be able to drive anywhere else. I didn't go to the store after all, I am grateful for awesome neighbors who gave us some milk for Aamerik to last through the night.
We arranged for a tow truck to come pick it up this morning and now I am with out a car for who knows how long.
Thankfully no one was hurt in the accident, Aamerik cried, but more because of the jerking of the car.  I too am ok, I can feel a little soreness in my shoulders and neck but nothing major.
This has been a very trying few days as Aamerik lost my phone as well and I know it is somewhere here in the computer room, but I can't find it. :o(  Then the accident, kids arguing constantly lately, especially the girls.  I know part of the problem, we haven't had scripture reading as consistently as we should, I think it is high time we get back into gear.

1 comment:

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

Oh no! Not good :(
Sorry my dear!!!