Monday, April 30, 2012

Lake Eva

I sure do miss having my phone...I wish I had it so when I do random things that I didn't plan on, I could take some pictures.  Today we went to Lake Eva Park in Haines City.  I didn't even know it was there, but it is a beautiful park and we will definitely be going again.  Major picnic place, very nice.  Aamerik was having so much fun and loved the slide.  He is sleeping very comfortably now, ha ha...
Tariyah didn't want to leave, they had many activities that most parks do not have, so it made it more fun, a lot of new things to do.
This past week we also registered Tariyah for school, we thought she was going to be going to Loughman so I went and registered her on Thursday, and then that evening we received a notice that she got into Bethune Academy in Haines City.  We have heard a lot of good things about the school and while it is not Davenport School of Arts (DSA) that we were hoping for, it is comparable in education and about the same distance.  The only thing that DSA that Bethune doesn't have is dance class that I think Tariyah would've loved.  Oh well, we can always try again next year if we for some reason don't like Bethune.
Jaemyn had gotten into Discovery Academy of Lake Alfred about a month ago, because of his IEP.  We are about 13 miles away from the school and at first we were told that we are out of their bus zone area.  I kept asking questions about busing to see if perhaps I could take him to another stop and it turns out that their stop boundaries go right by us and are kitty corner to our neighborhood.  We were really excited that he got into Discovery so I was able to work it out where Jaemyn would be able to walk to their boundary from the back of our neighborhood and meet the bus.  This was a big relief for us.  No sooner had we gotten this worked out when I received a letter from the Schools saying that Jaemyn was accepted into Daniel Jenkins Academy in Haines City.  Wow, that was awesome, but now another choice.  We love the campus at Discovery, it almost looks like a college campus and it makes you feel good just being there.  When checking about courses it appears that they too are comparable in choices and the biggest differences are the newer campus at Discovery and Jenkins being closer, only 5 miles away instead of 13.  It was still a hard decision, one that I have prayed about and we decided to go with Jenkins, mainly because of closeness to home.  Also, right next to Jenkins Academy is Lake Eva Park, so that could be a + too.

1 comment:

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

I'm excited to check out that park and I love how many school options you have!