Monday, May 7, 2012

Science Project and Bugs

For Jaemyn's 5th grade science project, he decided to test home made bread dough with different amounts of yeast into the mix.  Dough #1 = normal recipe; Dough #2 = double the yeast; Dough #3 = 1/2 amt of required yeast.
His main ingriedients








The kids were excited to taste the results and when I said it was time, Tariyah just took her chunk right out of the center, lol...guess she didn't notice the pieces I already had cut.

This bug scares me!!!  Jaemyn informed me that it is not a spider because it only has 6 legs and antennae.  Smart kid he is.  So I was on a quest to find out what it is.  Turns out it is the largest of the "Assassin" bug called a Wheel Bug.  They can produce a painful bite if provoked, but they are good to have around as they eat any other insects that they can over power.  I don't know how excited I am to have them around, lol


No comments: