Tuesday, May 8, 2012

We had FHE evening last night with Sis Cook and Sis Chadwick, it was such fun to have FHE with someone else.  We learned about the personal lives of our Apostles and that we know small details about our everyday friends, so why not know small details about them.  Makes sense to me.  Teighlor made special White Chocolate Candy, Aaliyah directed the music, Jaemyn was in charge of prayers, Tariyah was supposed to have the scripture but didn't want to do it cause she wanted to do music and Jairyn was in charge of the activity.  Of course he wanted to play a Wii game but I had to set limits, lol...so I introduced him to an activity that was my dad's favorite.  Fold a piece of paper in 1/2 and then in 1/2 again so you have 4 horizontal sections.  The first section is the head and drawn by 1 person, bringing the lines of the neck just over the fold to the 2nd section, then fold the 1st section back leaving just the 3 sections open.  Pass the paper to the next person and that person draws from the shoulder to the waist bringing the waist lines just over the fold and then fold their section back and again pass to the 3rd person.  They will draw from the waist to the knee, bringing the lines of the legs just over the fold.  Again fold it back so it is not seen by the next artist and they get to finish the picture with the feet.  You can set limits of only Animals, only People, anything you want.  Here is the finished product of what we created together.






One thing I learned about my children during this time is that we need to have more visitors, they really had a hard time sitting still and being reverent.  Makes me wonder how they are in Primary, lol...Tariyah really struggled as she wanted to be called on all the time, and cried if she wasn't.  I guess it is a learning process.
We each had an opportunity to tell what talent we have.  I really couldn't think of one for myself, other than the talent of no talent but wishing I had lots of talent.  Sis. Cook and Sis. Chadwick asked the kids what my talent and here is what a few of them said... Teighlor ~ she is good at nagging (she said it with a smile), Jaemyn ~ she is good at finding me the best school to go to, Jairyn ~ she's good at being on the computer. Wow, what a few eye openers, guess I need to make sure that a couple of my kids think I can be better at something else too, lol  It was fun though.


No comments: