Saturday, May 19, 2012

Blueberries and Ice Cream, but not together!

Today was a good day to go Blueberry picking.  We went to Futch Family Farms in Polk City, FL and picked two buckets of blueberries.  Everyone seem to enjoy themselves and have a good time.  I think it would have been better if we got there earlier in the morning instead of noon time and the heat of the day, it was 85 degrees out.  But that didn't affect the taste of the blueberries.





Yummy!!  She is another of my blueberry lovers!








Aamerik LOVED the berry farm and would take fist fulls and put them in his mouth.  



He would go to everyone's bucket to get his berries, lol



This was after he emptied his bucket, he was HOT and TIRED!!  He did good tho, he got a lot of berries.


Jairyn showed him where to get his own, but he didn't know he shouldn't pick the green ones!!



You can almost see the heat rising off of her face, lol...she is flushed for sure.

I am really glad I took them on this out, even though there were these yellow flies that would bite/sting you!!!  OW!!!  I noticed them mostly when we were in the shade.  There were a few smaller bugs too and I found a bigger beetle in our bucket with the berries, but thank goodness I got him out before we brought him home.  It was worth the fun tho.

After picking blueberries, I decided to treat the kids to an ice cream.  They deserved it and were very well behaved at the farm.  I ate most of my ice cream and then gave Aamerik my cone...I knew it would be a mess, lol...it was.




Aaliyah was acting like she was exhausted, lol...such the drama girl.  She's so funny!

Teighlor got a Watermelon slushi and kept giving herself Brain Freeze.


"See mom, almost gone."


Yep, was a literal mess.  When we got home and washed the blueberries outside in the baby pool, he got himself soaking wet and ate more blueberries.  He is such fun and a cutie.






2 comments:

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

That looks SO FUN!
We did oranges but never berries and I grew up picking black berries along the road side.

Cassie said...

I can't believe how big Aamerik is! I love fresh berries :)