Monday, May 7, 2012

Mormon Prom ~ Tampa, FL


It is that time of the year for Prom. She didn't go to Savannah like she was originally planning, for Prom, but we found out about a "Mormon" prom being held in Tampa at the Airport Marriott.
Time came upon us to find a dress.  We really couldn't afford to go anywhere, so to the Salvation Army it was.  If we had no luck there, we would have moved on to Ross.  But we did have luck.  We found this gem of a dress with a vintage style front, bad part is that it had a yellow stain right in the middle of the chest, it was a little big around the waist and chest and it was sleeveless.  The dress was marked at $9.99 and I found a shirt of almost similar material to use for the sleeves, $3.99. $14 for a prom dress, not too bad.  At the register the guy made sure I saw the stain before he rang it up and I told him we were hoping it would come out.  He only charged me $ .99 for the dress!!!!  JACKPOT!!!!!  I paid $5 for her whole dress!!!

Next was the task of taking it in on the sides, that wasn't too bad, turned out ok...then I un-stitched the sleeves from the shirt I bought and attached them to the dress.  Worked out pretty good and this beautiful now became a modest dress.  I put bleach on yellow stain, it seemed to work, then I washed the dress.  You can see a light, light yellowing from the bleach, but only in certain light and barely even then.

So besides her messy hair, I think the dress was a success.



She looked Radiant and said she had a great time.  I was really glad that she was able to go.  I couldn't find her a ride, so I decided to take sometime for myself and go on a self-date.  I had been wanting to watch the Hunger Games again (I was kind of disappointed in the movie the first time around and I wanted to give it another chance) so I found a theater where it was playing at the perfect time.  It was a Cine-Bistro, so I got to have dinner while I watched the movie.  Ok well 1/4 of a dinner, I could barely eat any.  But I really, really enjoyed myself, and the movie got out at the perfect time for me to head back and get Teighlor.
I did enjoy the movie much more the 2nd time around.  I think a lot of it is because the cameras were so jumpy and shaky in the beginning that you could barely tell what was going on, but still good over all.

Earlier in the day we went to Winter Park to Eric and Jessica's for Bailey's 1st Birthday party.
The kids loved the pool there and enjoyed spending time with family.  Tariyah wanted me to take her picture.  She is growing up so much and will be starting Kindergarten this fall at Bethune Academy.


1 comment:

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

The dress turned out AMAZING!
I wish I'd have known, I'd have volunteered my hair services to do an up-do or something. But she looked GORGEOUS!!!