Friday, August 10, 2012

Brave

We decided to go on a "Family Date" today.  We had two unused codes for Fandango to use toward movie tickets.  The codes were worth $13.50 ea. So with 2 adult matinee tickets, and one child ticket and of course Fandango processing fee, 4 of us got to go to the movies on 3 tickets and only paid $1.25.  Not bad huh?  But then we spent $20 on two medium drinks, a medium popcorn and some cinnamon bites.  Man I miss the days you can take your own popcorn into the movie...ok, maybe you couldn't but at Drive in's you can, lol...

 We tried having a little fun with the camera, it was darker than I wanted it to be, but we got a few cute shots, especially the one with all 4 of us.



Brave was a cute movie, Aamerik was surprisingly very good and sat for 99% of the movie, the other 1% he stood up but was quiet and watched the movie.  Tariyah did pretty well, I thought she would sit better, but I know she enjoyed the movie and wanted to watch another one when it was over.  The Theater only had about 12 people in it total so she did move along our isle of chairs a few times.
For some reason she (and the rest of the older kids) think that they have to be physically entertained all the time and that there is no such thing as just sitting and being quiet.  I think I have stirred them wrong and need to re-think my training on this, lol




  I was trying to get a picture of Tariyah and her sour attitude...she was very impatient for her food and even a bit sassy.
We went to Johnny Rockets, for some Old Fashioned Hamburgers, between the 4 of us, we ate two Bacon Cheesburgers and some fries, I had a 1/2 of a burger but could only eat 1/4 of it at the time, I ate the other 1/4 later.  Tariyah had 1/2, I was surprised she really ate that much, she was hungry, lol.



 The other night I had the opportunity to go to "Nick (Nickelodeon) Mom's Nite Out" where they were taping two 1hr stand up comedy shows and we were part of the audience.  I went with Melissa Kemple, Daphnes Toro, Patricia Austin and Rebecca Halliday.  I really enjoyed being out with the ladies.  Some of the comedy was pretty funny and I laughed more than I thought I would.  They handed out complimentary White or Red Wine for each show, but the gals and I settled for H2o, lol...I was surprised that there were a few curse words, guess the World thinks it is a part of comedy....that is why I don't watch/listen to many comedians, but I am thankful for the night out with my Sisters, it was great fun.
 I even got to raid Teighlor and Taiason's closet because I had no appropriate "evening" wear, ha ha....so I am wearing Taiason's bolero/jacket and Teighlor's dress and shoes.  
 Melissa and I taking a picture of each other, lol





 The "set"

Rebecca, Patricia, Melissa, Daphnes and Me

 Last week Sam and I shared a steak at a Longhorn Steakhouse...we brought the bone home to Layla, I would say she thoroughly enjoyed it and was a happy camper after.





I think Aamerik thinks this is his own Personal Grocery Store, he loves to jump in the way when the refrigerator door is open and sit on the lower part or see what he can grab.

After our RS Presidency meeting he took it upon himself to climb up on the table and finish our snack...he loves his fruit so much he will climb the table, lol
He is such a cutie and a fun little man.


1 comment:

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

This post was so fun! You are doing some fun stuff!