Friday, August 24, 2012

Tariyah's First Week of School


DAY 1
Tariyah has been beside herself, so excited to start school!!  The first day was great, she was happy and ready to go as fast as possible, everything had to be perfect. 

DAY 2
 This was a rough start for the morning, I had gotten her new "saddle" shoes and I wanted her to wear them with her Uniform Jumper, but she did not want to wear her jumper, she wanted to wear a non-uniform dress and wasn't happy when I told her that the school has rules and she can't wear just anything to school.  She finally got dressed, and it was time to do her hair, Jairyn and Aaliyah needed to leave because their bus came earlier, Tariyah got upset because she wasn't leaving with them and thought she was going to miss her bus.  I finally got her hair done and it was time to go, but now she was upset and decided she didn't want to go to school.  At one point I tried to do reverse psychology and it backfired.  She was whining and fussing and I told her that maybe she wasn't old enough and ready to go to school, through tears (that were already there) she cried that no she is not ready.  Great, what was I supposed to say now?  Yep, I just told her that she doesn't have a choice and she needs to go to school.  So out to the car we went, she didn't want to walk because she "needed to get there quickly".

I finally got a smile out of her before the bus came...then when it was time to get on the bus, she didn't want to go and wanted me to go with her.  After some coaxing from the sweet bus driver, she got on.  She came home from school with a smile.

DAY 3
Yep, the tears came again and she just didn't want to get dressed or go to school.  She whined and fussed the whole time, I was getting frustrated but trying to stay calm and understanding.  Finally I was at my limit and I had Sam take her to the bus stop.  He said she was crying the whole way and even when it was time to get on the bus.  The bus driver gave her a hug and Tariyah wouldn't let go... ha ha...at least she likes her bus driver, I am glad for that.  The bus driver was able to get Jasmine (our neighbor girl that is in 8th grade), to come and get Tariyah to sit with her.  Off to school she went.

But look she came home with a smile and a sticker.  I am thinking it was/is just getting used to the whole school routine and new bed time for her.


DAY 4

I was so excited she wanted to wear her Jumper and Saddle shoes, doesn't she look adorable??  Ok, I am a bit prejudice on that one, lol

The day before this picture was taken, (day 3), I had rec'd a call from the school district telling me that Jairyn's name came up to take a spot at Bethune Academy.  So I had to get him transferred and into the new school.  While I was there I decided to take a peek in Tariyah's class.  She was sitting down working on a story book project of The Gingerbread Man" which they had just read. She saw me and was so excited to tell me that they made a HUGE Gingerbread Man cookie and that they get to eat it tomorrow, Friday!  She came home and retold the story for me, it was part of her homework.  She was so dramatic in her retelling that I now love the Gingerbread Man, ha ha...she was so cute.

This was the picture she wanted to send to her Daddy.

This is the picture I wanted to send to her Dad, I sent both of them.

DAY 5
A completely exciting day for her, she gets to eat her Gingerbread Man cookie!!

1 comment:

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

I love that it all worked out in the end!