Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Pinterest





Soap Pouch 
Printable chore cards for each room - kids (and adults) check off each item as it is completed in the room to make sure the job is completely done. 
Most of us have seen the wonderful Pinterest and have "pinned" many great ideas.  How many of these ideas have we actually done and used?  I have done a few and thought I would take note of them.

Here is one, the Soap Pouch, don't you just hate it when you try to put your bar of soap on the dish and it slips right off onto the floor?  So I thought this was a cute idea and will make awesome gifts.  So I made myself one.  Turned out really cute and couldn't wait to use it. It took a few minutes for it to get soapy but then it worked great.  The next time I went to go use it, it was so dry and stiff because of the soap that I had a hard time softening it up to use.  Once you do that, then it works good and I like using it.  Kind of annoying tho...I think I will try it again only using a micro-fleece rag and see if that makes a difference.

I did these chore charts, and posted about them in May under Organizing Mood.  I really like the way that they have worked in the home with the kids, we will continue to use them.




"Texas Trash" But...this is SO good, and so easy!!  1 package cream cheese  1 cup sour cream  2 cans (16 ounces, each) refried beans  1 packet taco seasoning  2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded  2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded...  must try:)This Texas Trash recipe was great, definitely yummy and a keeper.





Fathers day


We had great fun making these to things for Fathers Day this year. A&W Awesome Dad and Candy poster
Totally doing this to to surprise friends/family -not just for Father's day.  :)

Hard boiled eggs in the oven.
From this site I did my first Freezer Crockpot Meal, I made the Lazy Dazy Stew.  I cooked ours the other day and the consistency of the dinner was great.  For some reason it tasted oddly spicy (not very) but I am not sure what from, but overall it was good and I would make it again.  I made it for a Sister at church too and I got a call from her asking for the recipe.  I guess she really liked it.  I will continue making Freezer recipes and hopefully I will remember to report on them.


I love this recipe, I have done this twice now and the eggs are perfect, I don't think I will go back to boiling in water.


Foil-Pack Chicken and Broccoli Dinner (15)
This was a great recipe, Foil Pack Chicken & Broccoli, I think next time I might cut the chicken up into chunks, I also made this for a family in church and they seemed to really like it, I left my in the oven while I delivered theirs and of course I ended up talking too long and overcooked mine, but it was still edible.  I will definitely do this one again.
Easy 5 minute Salsa!!



This 5 Minute Salsa is one of my new favorites, I just love it.


These 7-up biscuits didn't last long in my home, I have only made them the one time, but definitely on my list to do again.
7 UP Biscuits - Only 4 ingredients!

Best way to cook zucchini and carrots ~ gotta try this!!
QUITE Brilliant! - Seal a plastic bag with the top of a water bottle or any plastic bottle and the lid.Baked Zucchini and Carrots ~ such a great idea, just don't do what I did and basically drown them in oil, lol...they were still good enough to know that I like them, but next time I definitely need to becareful on how much oil I use.  I think I would like them with a little crunch in the middle.


This plastic bottle bag topper was not really worth it, you really need to make sure you have a bottle that has a pretty wide opening or it is more hassle than it is worth.

Masala Roasted PotatoesMasala Roasted Potatoes, these were just perfectly yummy, something I will keep on my menu list.







cucumber, avocado, cilantro, lime...mmm
Tomato salad with Cucumber and Avocado, this was such a refreshing salad.  I really enjoyed the mix and texture of everything.

I still have a lot of recipes to try, but hopefully I will have lots of time to
try them.


Command center for the kiddos. From Delightful Order. This is awesome! I think this might be a MUST!!!!
I made my own version of these Homework Message Centers, we will see how they work out this school year, I had fun designing them and putting them together so I hope I am able to put them to good use.

Below are the versions that I made of the Posters.

So here a most of the ideas that I have taken and used from Pinterest so far.  Who knows, maybe I will use a few more. :o)













No comments: