Monday, August 27, 2012

Tropical Isaac

No School for the kids today!!!  Isaac is passing by us...thought was we would get hit harder than what we are, as you can see in the first photo we were expected to mildly get good winds and rain.  We are in the Yellow area...I did hear some pretty good winds last night and actually woke up around 4am because of them, but it mostly has been a steady rain, but not too hard.
School was cancelled yesterday, "just in case"...this is a bit different for me as I am used to school only being cancelled for "Snow", ha ha...but hey the kids are excited.
Just in case, the kids and I did a little bit of prep around the house, making sure that there was nothing that could fly off in the wind and brought our Avocado tree (still in pot) up next to the house to protect it.  I went to the store, made sure both cars had gas, plenty of batteries, water and flashlights.  I also bought a small propane lamp.  I was going to go and get propane for our BBQ incase I need to "cook" and we had no electricity, but it looks like I won't need it right now and that is good because I didn't get out to get it, ha ha


In this photo it appears Isaac really turned toward the West and is now headed to LA...this is sad news for them as Isaac is expected to hit on the 5th Anniversary of Katrina's devastation to the same area.  My prayers and thoughts are with them.
tropical storm isaac

Just another photo depicting the latest Isaac Route.
Hurricane Isaac's Path Still Uncertain As Evacuations Begin

No comments: